Re: Proposal for merging scalar-storage-order branch into mainline

On 06/09/2015 10:20 AM, Eric Botcazou wrote:
Because some folks don't want to audit their code to where to add byteswaps.
I am serious people have legacy big-endian code they want to run little
endian. There is a reason this is around in the first place. Developers are
lazy.

That's a little rough, but essentially correct in our experience.
Agreed on both points. These legacy codebases can be large and full auditing may not really be that feasible.

jeff