This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: set_src_cost lying comment
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 10:47:00 -0600
- Subject: Re: set_src_cost lying comment
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150622055710 dot GQ1723 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <558A3AA9 dot 6090406 at redhat dot com> <20150624091846 dot GC1723 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On 06/24/2015 03:18 AM, Alan Modra wrote:
The more I think about it, the more I think that's a reasonable step.
Nothing should have cost 0.
So in these examples we'd really like register moves to cost one
insn. Hmm, at least, moves from hard regs ought to cost something.