Re: Version numbers question

Thanks, Andrew, a reasonable reason. Time flies and GCC or its predecessor
has been around for about 25 years. In another 25, hopefully GCC will
still be a leading compiler and the larger numbers won't seem awkward.

Regarding what's a small vs large change, I'd say that building with C++
and newly generated C++ library was worthy of a major version bump, but
that's just my amateur opinion.

John