This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Andreas Tobler appointed FreeBSD maintainer
- From: Andreas Tobler <andreast-list at fgznet dot ch>
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Loren James Rittle <ljrittle at acm dot org>, Andreas Tobler <andreastt at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 22:34:01 +0200
- Subject: Re: Andreas Tobler appointed FreeBSD maintainer
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CABBePdw475e9z02gxSrR=HxsOXgL7gsW9tWLm-HbY958AJ+e1A at mail dot gmail dot com> <alpine dot LSU dot 2 dot 20 dot 1504112305470 dot 9357 at tuna dot site> <alpine dot LSU dot 2 dot 20 dot 1506112230190 dot 2244 at tuna dot site>
On 22.06.15 20:33, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
A while ago Loren James Rittle, who had been taking care of GCC
on FreeBSD for many years and brought the port to modern standards,
wrote the following on this list:
>> I am the named maintainer of the freebsd port. I have been for
>> approximately twelve years; although I haven't been very active
>> the last four years. [...] I am looking for someone that both the
>> GCC steering committee and I would be willing to hand over the
>> reigns before I drop my officially-listed maintainership.
Turns out that with Andreas Tobler we are in the lucky position to
have someone like that. Andreas already contributed arm*-*-freebsd*
support, PIE support for FreeBSD, did some PowerPC work, and more.
So, today I am happy to announce that the steering committee has
appointed Andreas maintainer of the FreeBSD ports of GCC.
And I'd like to extend many thanks to Loren James for all his
contributions to libstdc++ and GCC on FreeBSD over many years.
Thanks a bunch, Loren, and happy hacking, Andreas!
I updated the MAINTAINERS file, see below.
2015-06-22 Andreas Tobler <email@example.com>
* MAINTAINERS (OS Port Maintainers): Add myself.
(Various Maintainers): Remove myself from libffi testsuite.
--- MAINTAINERS (revision 224759)
+++ MAINTAINERS (working copy)
@@ -125,7 +125,7 @@
darwin port Mike Stump <firstname.lastname@example.org>
darwin port Eric Christopher <email@example.com>
DJGPP DJ Delorie <firstname.lastname@example.org>
-freebsd Loren J. Rittle <email@example.com>
+freebsd Andreas Tobler <firstname.lastname@example.org>
GNU/Hurd Thomas Schwinge <email@example.com>
hpux John David Anglin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
hpux Steve Ellcey <email@example.com>
@@ -175,7 +175,6 @@
libiberty DJ Delorie <firstname.lastname@example.org>
libiberty Ian Lance Taylor <email@example.com>
libitm Torvald Riegel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
-libffi testsuite Andreas Tobler <email@example.com>
libmpx Ilya Enkovich <firstname.lastname@example.org>
libobjc Nicola Pero <email@example.com>
libobjc Andrew Pinski <firstname.lastname@example.org>