This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: dwarf DW_AT_decl_name: system headers vs source files?
- From: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 15:45:35 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: dwarf DW_AT_decl_name: system headers vs source files?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201506200442 dot t5K4g23U013706 at greed dot delorie dot com>
On Sat, 20 Jun 2015, DJ Delorie wrote:
> Note that the DW_AT_decl_file refers to "dj.h" and not "dj.c". If you
> remove the "3" from the '# 1 "dj.h" 1 3' line, the DW_AT_decl_file
> instead refers to "dj.c". It's been this way for many releases.
> Is this intentional?
I think it came in with r137873, aka
> If so, what is the rationalization for it?
I can't really grok the situation Rafael wanted to improve.