This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Errors Summary
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: 18d53b+c826wv11dtfp8 at guerrillamail dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 21:50:13 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Errors Summary
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <10ec7e89882b093722628309451962bfb999 at guerrillamail dot com>
On Mon, 11 May 2015, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> Is there an option to print out a summary of line numbers with
> errors/warnings? Example output:
> <All other error messages with template garbage>
> main.cpp : 2, 3, 17
> lex.cpp : 4, 6, 8
> I often don't need an error message to fix the error, so this would save
> me much time.
I am not aware of such an option, and it would be too specific
to add to GCC itself. You can, however, post-process the output
of GCC using a scripting language of your choice to provide what
you are looking for.