How to find (svn/git) branches. (Was: Proposal for merging scalar-storage-order branch into mainline)

On Mon, 2015-06-08 at 16:04 +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Mark Wielaard <mjw@redhat.com> writes:
>
> > I am sorry, I normally use the git mirror and this branch doesn't seem
> > to be there and I don't know how to get the svn branch.
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/git/?p=gcc.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/remotes/scalar-storage-order

Thanks. And thanks to some people on irc for explaining how to find this
myself. So for others who might miss branches or don't know how to get
them in their git copy.

- https://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs/gcc/branches/ only lists some of the
branches. There is a "Got to:" popup menu that allows you to see some of
the others (there are currently 13 pages).

- Once you know how the branch is called you can add the following line
to your local .git/config in your git mirror under '[remote "origin"]':
fetch = +refs/remotes/scalar-storage-order:refs/remotes/origin/scalar-storage-order
then a git pull should pull in the new branch.

Cheers,

Mark