This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Proposal for merging scalar-storage-order branch into mainline
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: pinskia at gmail dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 18:20:27 +0200
- Subject: Re: Proposal for merging scalar-storage-order branch into mainline
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <2354857 dot 0uXrE6NL1R at polaris> <CAFiYyc0aVBYeT2Utr9=NxKVLGMEPWMBR7Qb+=ataQG93fgw55w at mail dot gmail dot com> <942B0474-BB29-4417-BD62-65A22DF0BA24 at gmail dot com>
> Because some folks don't want to audit their code to where to add byteswaps.
> I am serious people have legacy big-endian code they want to run little
> endian. There is a reason this is around in the first place. Developers are
That's a little rough, but essentially correct in our experience.