Re: Proposal for merging scalar-storage-order branch into mainline

> Anyway, the DWARF standard doesn't forbid using it on other kinds of DIEs
> and I think emitting it on DW_TAG_member would be natural.

Agreed.

> Not sure why you would want it on DW_TAG_array_type, the endianity for
> arrays should be specified on the element type, shouldn't it?

For the C family of languages where array types are not first-class citizens,
the SSO attribute simply cannot be supported on array types.  But for other
languages, like Ada, where they are, it can and it is supported on the branch,
so you can declare an array of 4 integers with big-endian storage order.

--
Eric Botcazou