This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Proposal for merging scalar-storage-order branch into mainline
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 12:17:49 +0200
- Subject: Re: Proposal for merging scalar-storage-order branch into mainline
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <2354857 dot 0uXrE6NL1R at polaris> <1433771820 dot 4538 dot 379 dot camel at bordewijk dot wildebeest dot org>
> How is this represented in DWARF?
This is not represented on the branch, because this cannot be done in pure
DWARF. DW_AT_endianity only applies to base types or stand-alone objects and
we would need it for DW_TAG_member (and even DW_TAG_array_type in Ada). But
this could easily be implemented once the representation is agreed on.