This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: debug-early branch merged into mainline
- From: Markus Trippelsdorf <markus at trippelsdorf dot de>
- To: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>, GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 11:58:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: debug-early branch merged into mainline
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5571F319 dot 205 at redhat dot com> <m2sia5p3ne dot fsf at linux-m68k dot org> <5572D0EF dot 7090603 at redhat dot com> <m2oaktotvt dot fsf at linux-m68k dot org> <55730EC1 dot 2060709 at redhat dot com> <20150606193357 dot GA623 at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <55736A76 dot 4060409 at redhat dot com> <557379B3 dot 2090300 at redhat dot com>
On 2015.06.06 at 18:52 -0400, Aldy Hernandez wrote:
> On 06/06/2015 05:47 PM, Aldy Hernandez wrote:
> > On 06/06/2015 03:33 PM, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> >> Aldy,
> >> also at PPC64le LTO bootstrap (at gcc112) dies with:
> >> ^
> >> 0x104ae8f7 check_die
> >> ../../gcc/dwarf2out.c:5715
> > Hmmm... this is in the LTO/ltrans stage? If so, that's weird. The LTO
> > path does not do the early DIE dance. Since check_die() is a new sanity
> > check for DIEs, I wonder if this is a latent bug that was already there.
> It looks like ppc64le fails to bootstrap with the same comparison
> failure aarch64 fails with, so I need to take a look at ppc64le regardless.
> However, for your particular problem, I wonder if this was a preexisting
> condition. Would you mind reproducing your problem without my
> debug-early patchset, but with the attached patch?
> The commit prior to debug-early is:
> git commit d51560f9afc5c8a826bcfa6fc90a96156b623559
> The attached patch adds the sanity check, but without the debug-early
> work. If you still get a failure, this is a pre-existing bug.
See https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=66468 for a small
It looks like this is not a pre-existing issue, because with your
sanity check there is not failure.