This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Static Chain Register on iOS AArch64
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at foss dot arm dot com>, Stephen Cross <scross at scross dot co dot uk>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 09:58:14 -0700
- Subject: Re: Static Chain Register on iOS AArch64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CADC9Eqps-Y5=7jBMsuGO7wd-U7QH2M4NUUZmGgZ89p5X5D_jjQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <55702B1F dot 9040707 at foss dot arm dot com> <5571C66A dot 3060100 at redhat dot com> <5572F4A7 dot 7040908 at foss dot arm dot com>
On 06/06/2015 06:24 AM, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
That's going to make it impossible to implement Go closures on AArch32,
then, since the only call-clobbered register not used for parameter
passing is r12 (ip) and that can be clobbered by function calls.
No, because r12 is only clobbered by plt stubs, and go closures never use them.
They're *already working* on aarch32.