This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: devbranches: ambigous characterisation of branches
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Wolfgang Hospital <WolfgaNg dot Hospital at arcor dot de>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 09:37:12 +0100
- Subject: Re: devbranches: ambigous characterisation of branches
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5574A950 dot 1050001 at arcor dot de>
On 7 June 2015 at 21:28, Wolfgang Hospital wrote:
> in the repository contents description at
> <https://gcc.gnu.org/svn.html#olddevbranches>, numerous branch names are
> listed as inactive, with some further comments. Right at the start there is
> the longest list of such names, followed by "These branches have been merged
> into the mainline.". Without "preceding" or "following",
> or at least leading dash or a trailing colon, I'm at a loss whether that
> refers to the branches named before or after.
It's an HTML definition list, of the form:
It seems fairly clear to me, from the indentation, and the fact that
every set of branch names is followed by an indented description.