Re: Static Chain Register on iOS AArch64

On 06/04/2015 03:40 AM, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
The static chain register is pretty much private to a translation unit...

That was true when the static chain was restricted to trampolines. Since Go has started using it for cross-translation-unit closures, that makes it part of the ABI.

I did raise this issue at the start of the year, when I submitted the patches. At the time, folks seemed ok with the additional restriction.

r~