This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Is it safe to use _Bool as asm statement outputs on x86?
- From: "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 16:46:47 -0700
- Subject: Is it safe to use _Bool as asm statement outputs on x86?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
For the x86 backend explicitly, is doing something like:
asm("blah ; setc %0" : "=qm" (x));
... guaranteed to be safe for older versions of gcc?