This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Data race in PGO profile collection for multi-process program
- From: Pengfei Yuan <0xcoolypf at gmail dot com>
- To: Xinliang David Li <davidxl at google dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 12:31:32 +0800
- Subject: Re: Data race in PGO profile collection for multi-process program
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CACmZjJ+E62UCg3fRzc4uokJh3r5PcNRoA-NGVsyJdN8rryEaXg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAAkRFZKA9V020YP9Lrz95fbebehtrmxhhLWte-B0so7eFsYqLg at mail dot gmail dot com>
Thank you very much for the advice. I will try __gcov_dump first.
2015-06-02 12:14 GMT+08:00 Xinliang David Li <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> Using AutoFDO is one way. For PGO, you may want to to try using
> __gcov_dump interface to explicitly control the timing and order of
> the profile dump --- i.e., invoke __gcov_dump in main process after
> work processes exit and before the main process exits.