This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Data race in PGO profile collection for multi-process program
- From: Pengfei Yuan <0xcoolypf at gmail dot com>
- To: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 11:08:36 +0800
- Subject: Data race in PGO profile collection for multi-process program
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I am trying PGO on Nginx, which has a main process and several worker processes.
I find that the collected profile data files only contain information
for the main process, which is probably a data race (the main process
exits immediately after worker processes exit).
How can I solve this problem? Should I switch to the sampling-based AutoFDO?