This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Combine related fail of gcc.target/powerpc/ti_math1.c
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 17:42:01 +0930
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Combine related fail of gcc.target/powerpc/ti_math1.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150521103604 dot GK6140 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <20150521123916 dot GA26096 at gate dot crashing dot org> <555E2526 dot 5070301 at redhat dot com> <20150521184431 dot GC10871 at gate dot crashing dot org>
On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 01:44:31PM -0500, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
> Let's wait for Alan's patch that makes combine not reorder things
> unnecessarily, that should take care of it all as far as I see.
Patch here https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2015-05/msg02055.html
It doesn't do anything fancy, just stops gratuitous register
reordering. If simplification or canonicalization occurs, then
registers may well be reordered.
Australia Development Lab, IBM