This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Is there a way to adjust alignment of DImode and DFmode?
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Jim Wilson <jim dot wilson at linaro dot org>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 14:08:33 -0700
- Subject: Re: Is there a way to adjust alignment of DImode and DFmode?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMe9rOriqDgDQ9Bbe+FU3_AUZdOOU5JxNAH5LXreebDR22Y0Ag at mail dot gmail dot com> <555E4687 dot 6030800 at linaro dot org>
On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 1:56 PM, Jim Wilson <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 05/20/2015 10:00 AM, H.J. Lu wrote:
>> By default, alignment of DImode and DFmode is set to 8 bytes.
>> Intel MCU psABI specifies alignment of DImode and DFmode
>> to be 4 bytes. I'd like to make get_mode_alignment to return
>> 32 bits for DImode and DFmode. Is there a way to adjust alignment
>> of DImode and DFmode via ADJUST_ALIGNMENT?
> I see that i386-modes.def already uses ADJUST_ALIGNMENT to change the
> alignment of XFmode to 4 for ilp32 code. ADJUST_ALIGNMENT should work
> the same for DImode and DFmode. Did you run into a problem when you
> tried it?
It seems to work. I don't know why it failed for me last time.