This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Is there a way to adjust alignment of DImode and DFmode?
- From: Jim Wilson <jim dot wilson at linaro dot org>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 13:56:39 -0700
- Subject: Re: Is there a way to adjust alignment of DImode and DFmode?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMe9rOriqDgDQ9Bbe+FU3_AUZdOOU5JxNAH5LXreebDR22Y0Ag at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 05/20/2015 10:00 AM, H.J. Lu wrote:
> By default, alignment of DImode and DFmode is set to 8 bytes.
> Intel MCU psABI specifies alignment of DImode and DFmode
> to be 4 bytes. I'd like to make get_mode_alignment to return
> 32 bits for DImode and DFmode. Is there a way to adjust alignment
> of DImode and DFmode via ADJUST_ALIGNMENT?
I see that i386-modes.def already uses ADJUST_ALIGNMENT to change the
alignment of XFmode to 4 for ilp32 code. ADJUST_ALIGNMENT should work
the same for DImode and DFmode. Did you run into a problem when you