This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Is there a way to adjust alignment of DImode and DFmode?
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Paul_Koning at Dell dot com
- Cc: hjl dot tools at gmail dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 19:22:34 +0200
- Subject: Re: Is there a way to adjust alignment of DImode and DFmode?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMe9rOriqDgDQ9Bbe+FU3_AUZdOOU5JxNAH5LXreebDR22Y0Ag at mail dot gmail dot com> <A3D315B3-8B3E-4F23-B05B-1DB3F7B9FEB4 at dell dot com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 05:19:28PM +0000, Paul_Koning@Dell.com wrote:
> > On May 20, 2015, at 1:00 PM, H.J. Lu <email@example.com> wrote:
> > By default, alignment of DImode and DFmode is set to 8 bytes.
> When did that change? I know it was 4 in the past, unless you specifically passed a compile switch to make it 8.
For i?86 that is only field alignment (i.e. inside of structs).