This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: optimization question
- From: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- To: mark maule <mark dot maule at oracle dot com>, Martin Sebor <msebor at redhat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 16:28:16 +0100
- Subject: Re: optimization question
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <555A44FC dot 1020506 at oracle dot com> <555A7E48 dot 9080202 at redhat dot com> <555B5244 dot 8020505 at redhat dot com> <555B5344 dot 5060504 at oracle dot com>
On 05/19/2015 04:14 PM, mark maule wrote:
> Thanks again Martin. I started going down that road yesterday, and got
> lost in the forest of options. What I was looking for was some option
> that would tell me what was being done with dgHandle specifically. I
> played around with -fopt-info-all but didn't get very far ...
I think you're going to find it very difficult to debug such a large
chunk of code, and it's quite possible that your problem is in the RTL
I don't think you'll find anything better than trying to reduce the test
case. Also, all those macros rather obfuscate what's going on. It may
help later to preprocess the source and run it through indent.