This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fwd: xtensa PR65730
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Max Filippov <jcmvbkbc at gmail dot com>, Sterling Augustine <augustine dot sterling at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Marc Gauthier <marc at cadence dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 13:17:16 -0700
- Subject: Re: Fwd: xtensa PR65730
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMo8Bf+bnanaGtodsxENtrgfeSGPnHZKvf0r5D+QtnxdweWnyg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMo8Bf+6QSrEE1oK82x86SvtQQ=+SzvfBNWQcDV_1QzeeuDF+A at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 04/10/2015 06:38 AM, Max Filippov wrote:
> OTOH calling helper function to do multiplication by a constant 8 looks
> rather stupid. I guess we're not going to have non-8-bit bytes on xtensa
> anytime soon, maybe this multiplication can be replaced with shift?
Yes, that's what I'd do.