This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Missing barrier in outof_cfglayout
- From: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Georg-Johann Lay <avr at gjlay dot de>
- Cc: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 22:43:14 +0200
- Subject: Re: Missing barrier in outof_cfglayout
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5550D693 dot 9000903 at gjlay dot de> <5550DFA5 dot 2000507 at redhat dot com> <5550E8E4 dot 50504 at gjlay dot de>
On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 7:37 PM, Georg-Johann Lay wrote:
> BTW, what's the policy about unconditional jumps at that time? There are
> plenty of unconditional jumps around and all are legitimate; just this one
> generated by cse1 is wrong?
If you're in cfglayout mode, then there should be no unconditional
jumps to labels. The only JUMP_INSNs should be unconditional,
computed, or return jumps.
If you do have unconditional jumps at this stage, something is seriously broken.