This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Change to C++11 by default?
- From: Allan Sandfeld Jensen <linux at carewolf dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 11:21:25 +0200
- Subject: Re: Change to C++11 by default?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <554BB308 dot 1050701 at redhat dot com>
On Thursday 07 May 2015, Jason Merrill wrote:
> I think it's time to switch to C++11 as the default C++ dialect for GCC
> 6. Any thoughts?
Would it be unrealistic to make C++14 the default? With it being an fixup of
C++11, I would guess it could have longer staying power as the default.