This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR65416, alloca on xtensa
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Marc Gauthier <marc at cadence dot com>, "augustine dot sterling at gmail dot com" <augustine dot sterling at gmail dot com>, Max Filippov <jcmvbkbc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 19:05:43 +0200
- Subject: Re: PR65416, alloca on xtensa
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMo8BfKLG7oVXu0SSMe9j6P5TYPYEPRJwGJ=4VbHLMR38_QS2g at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAGSvup-CbpRrdefd7RFTi-WZe-jxiqFqmi45y5OyUY2OR6PJvQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <8CA974F497CA064FA9926E10ABCC061F07BE644CFA at MAILSJ4 dot global dot cadence dot com>
On 03/13/2015 06:04 PM, Marc Gauthier wrote:
> Other than the required 16-byte stack alignment, there's nothing in
> the ABI that requires these extra 16 bytes. Perhaps there was a bad
> implementation of the alloca exception handler at some point a long
> time ago that prompted the extra 16 bytes?
What's the alignment of max_align_t on this architecture?
Although it should be possible to get a 16-byte aligned 1-byte object in
any (however misaligned) 16-byte window on the stack â
Florian Weimer / Red Hat Product Security