This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
GSoC: Accepted projects
- From: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>
- To: gcc <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim dot kuvyrkov at linaro dot org>, Oleg Endo <olegendo at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Tim Shen <timshen91 at gmail dot com>, Erik Varga <erik dot varga256 at gmail dot com>, Fan You <fanyou at andrew dot cmu dot edu>
- Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 21:35:09 +0200
- Subject: GSoC: Accepted projects
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
we have this year two good GSoC projects for which we managed to get a
slot and a mentor:
Erik KrisztiÃn Varga will work on the "Addressing mode selection in
GCC". Citing the abstract: "CPU architectures often provide a variety of
ways to load and save data into memory and registers. Because of this,
there are lot of possible addressing sequences for a given code, and
finding the optimal one is not a trivial task. However, better
addressing can lead to improvements in a program's code size and
execution time. The goal of this project is to add a prototype version
of such an addressing mode selection pass to GCC." The primary mentor
will be Oleg Endo.
Fan You will work on "Completing the missing parts of the Fundamentals
TS in libstdc++": "Finish extending shared_ptr to support arrays and
Polymorphic memory resources (erase allocator from the container's
type)." The primary mentor will be Tim Shen.
Congratulation to the Erik and Fan You for the accepted proposal. And
thanks to the two mentors for volunteering!
The list of all accepted proposals (of all orgs) can be found at