This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: missing explanation of Stage 4 in GCC Development Plan document
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Honggyu Kim <hong dot gyu dot kim at lge dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 10:37:36 +0200
- Subject: Re: missing explanation of Stage 4 in GCC Development Plan document
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <00aa01d07ff6$85108880$8f319980$ at lge dot com>
On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 9:56 AM, Honggyu Kim <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would like to know about the stages of development plan so I checked the following article:
> I have reported a bug recently but didn't clearly understand the term "stage 4" here.
> Do you think "stage 4" explanation is missing in "GCC Development Plan" document?
> If so, can anyone please explain it or write the description on the document?
I have committed the following.
2014-04-27 Richard Biener <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* develop.html: Document stage 4.
RCS file: /cvs/gcc/wwwdocs/htdocs/develop.html,v
retrieving revision 1.153
diff -u -r1.153 develop.html
--- develop.html 22 Apr 2015 11:21:43 -0000 1.153
+++ develop.html 27 Apr 2015 08:36:49 -0000
@@ -127,6 +127,14 @@
require changes to other parts of the compiler.
New functionality may not be introduced during this period.</p>
+<h4><a name="stage4">Stage 4</a></h4>
+<p>During this period, the only (non-documentation) changes that may
+be made are changes that fix regressions. Other changes may not be
+done during this period. Note that the same constraints apply
+to release branches. This period lasts until stage 1 opens for
+the next release.</p>
<p>In order to produce releases on a regular schedule, we must ensure