Re: WPP capabilities in gcc

> Is gcc meant to only be used to compile FOSS?
> If that's your agenda, you're right - I don't see how you can use a
> feature like WPP.
>
> But is that really what gcc aims for? Not to allow people working on
> close-source software to enjoy it?

It's one thing to say that we're building a compiler or adding a feature to
a compiler that will benefit both the open- and closed-source communities.
Everybody understands and supports that goal.

However, adding something to gcc that *only* is of value to the
closed-source community is something entirely different and a lot of us
(including me) are uncomfortable with that.