Assembly 3.2 GCC

I know that this maybe a silly question, but I have a question about
the assembly generated by your 3.2 compiler, it has to do with the
reasoning behind a certain instruction related with the loop
transformation:

All the details are here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29780215/why-movl-1-edx-instead-of-movl0-edx-in-a-do-while/
on stackoverflow under the assembly tag

I still don't get what is the main advantage of such transformation

I would like very much to hear from you,

Thanks