WPP capabilities in gcc

Hi,

Me and a couple of friends needed, in our Linux application, to write
traces to log, but we wanted to hide those traces from the client,
just like Microsoft's wpp mechanism, but we couldn't find any
alternative for Linux.

My questions:
1. Do any of you know any alternative or a way to hide traces in Linux
applications?
2. If not, we would like to add this capability to gcc. Any thoughts
of that? Is that something you would like to see in gcc?

Thank you,
Shoham Peller