This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: trunk test result inconsistencies
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>, GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 06:16:24 -0700
- Subject: Re: trunk test result inconsistencies
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55378E33 dot 8050004 at redhat dot com> <20150422121911 dot GE1725 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOrEkR0y4jSdddnGGmiHQ-runhDT5oVkDFxhrzR2CVMHSA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150422131056 dot GF1725 at tucnak dot redhat dot com>
On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 6:10 AM, Jakub Jelinek <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 05:40:07AM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 5:19 AM, Jakub Jelinek <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> > On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 08:04:03AM -0400, Andrew MacLeod wrote:
>> >> Is anyone else seeing comparison problems on trunk?
>> >> I was having problems testing a patch on a 4/16 extraction, so last night I
>> >> checked out a fresh trunk, built it, ran make check... then removed the
>> >> build directory, re-built it from scratch again. make check.. and get a
>> >> bunch of different results. I even used test_summary instead of my own
>> >> home-grown scripts.
>> > That is a buggy kernel, you must have missed a warning not to upgrade your
>> > kernel. See
>> > https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=96311
>> > https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/4/13/600
>> > Dunno what progress has been on that patch since then, don't see it in
>> > latest Linus' git though.
>> > AFAIK at least 3.19 and 4.0 kernels are affected.
>> 3.19.5-100/3.19.5-200 from Fedora 20/21 fix the bug.
> I admit I have not tried, but am certainly not seeing Peter's fix
> in https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v3.x/ChangeLog-3.19.5
> has it been fixed differently? Not seeing anything in the Fedora kernel
> package %changelog either...
* Wed Apr 15 2015 Josh Boyer <email@example.com>
- Add patch to fix tty closure race (rhbz 1208953)