This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: trunk test result inconsistencies
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>, GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 15:10:56 +0200
- Subject: Re: trunk test result inconsistencies
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55378E33 dot 8050004 at redhat dot com> <20150422121911 dot GE1725 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOrEkR0y4jSdddnGGmiHQ-runhDT5oVkDFxhrzR2CVMHSA at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 05:40:07AM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 5:19 AM, Jakub Jelinek <email@example.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 08:04:03AM -0400, Andrew MacLeod wrote:
> >> Is anyone else seeing comparison problems on trunk?
> >> I was having problems testing a patch on a 4/16 extraction, so last night I
> >> checked out a fresh trunk, built it, ran make check... then removed the
> >> build directory, re-built it from scratch again. make check.. and get a
> >> bunch of different results. I even used test_summary instead of my own
> >> home-grown scripts.
> > That is a buggy kernel, you must have missed a warning not to upgrade your
> > kernel. See
> > https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=96311
> > https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/4/13/600
> > Dunno what progress has been on that patch since then, don't see it in
> > latest Linus' git though.
> > AFAIK at least 3.19 and 4.0 kernels are affected.
> 3.19.5-100/3.19.5-200 from Fedora 20/21 fix the bug.
I admit I have not tried, but am certainly not seeing Peter's fix
has it been fixed differently? Not seeing anything in the Fedora kernel
package %changelog either...