This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Second GCC 5.1 Release Candidate successful avr target build
- From: Denis Chertykov <chertykov at gmail dot com>
- To: Ralph Doncaster <ralphdoncaster at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 15:22:42 +0300
- Subject: Re: Second GCC 5.1 Release Candidate successful avr target build
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAmKpLGz1FDedx7i_g43KSKa0mUDZKb--5WxaWpcVNS9tvncgg at mail dot gmail dot com>
2015-04-18 22:15 GMT+03:00 Ralph Doncaster <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> On a x86_64 linux box I successfully built a gcc RC-20150418 toolchain
> including binutils-2.25 and avr-libc r2473(svn).
> I noticed some warnings in the logs:
> ../../../source/gcc-5.0.1-RC-20150418/gcc/vec.h:1048: warning: invalid
> access to non-static data member Ãvec<ipa_polymorphic_call_context,
> va_heap, vl_embed>::m_vecdataÃ of NULL object
> ../../../source/gcc-5.0.1-RC-20150418/gcc/vec.h:1048: warning:
> (perhaps the ÃoffsetofÃ macro was used incorrectly)
> but the build completed successfully
> One small problem I found is that earlier snapshots (RC-20150405 I
> think) built OK without texinfo, but this RC build fails without it.
> I just installed texinfo instead of trying to fix the configure
> I compiled a small C program with -mmcu=attiny84,-Os and got a good
> binary. I also tried -Os -ftlo, and got a good binary.
> Unfortunately, despite the announced optimization improvements for lto
> and ipa, I'm seeing slightly larger binaries than 4.9.2. Hopefully
> the next 5.x release will surpass 4.9.2.
> Here's the build scripts I used if anyone wants to repeat it:
Thank you for testing and reporting.