This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: AutoFDO profile toolchain is open-sourced
- From: Dehao Chen <dehao at google dot com>
- To: Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>
- Cc: Ilya Palachev <i dot palachev at samsung dot com>, Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, David Li <davidxl at google dot com>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, Sebastian Pop <sebpop at gmail dot com>, Vyacheslav Barinov <v dot barinov at samsung dot com>
- Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 10:27:49 -0700
- Subject: Re: AutoFDO profile toolchain is open-sourced
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAO2gOZWydpiBXb=1QDyCRt-ybDieqy8X4S_+uRZk2Y2v+cFdYQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <5523ED98 dot 8080007 at samsung dot com> <CAFk3UF8To5Qcz8NN5rUF3z6j8CCg_89A+62P=1U9YrtbZ5=mLg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150410203927 dot GA18980 at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <552E1613 dot 2040405 at samsung dot com> <5536278E dot 3090706 at samsung dot com> <CAD_=9DQEqCqzyBKT8nZ1_uEt5gU589hSpLiOHUqLXKctJTaVHA at mail dot gmail dot com> <553653CA dot 9070009 at samsung dot com> <87wq15mud5 dot fsf at tassilo dot jf dot intel dot com> <CAO2gOZW2Qmp-xj7Cx-7pDm9wg8BO7JEXvi9z_2_-3ms0bRmLeg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150421172436 dot GD2366 at two dot firstfloor dot org>
In that case, we should get quipper fixed upstream to accommodate new
format. (Maybe they already fixed it, I will do a batch sync to make
On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 10:24 AM, Andi Kleen <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> > BTW the biggest problem with autofdo currently is that it is
>> > quite bitrotten and supports only several years old perf.
>> > So all of this above will only work with old distributions,
>> > unless you compile an old perf utility first.
>> Do you mean newer perf does not support LBR (-b) any more?
> perf extended its perf.data output format, and quipper cannot parse
> any of the extensions, so it just bombs out with assertation
> I have a patch to hack around some of this, but still
> couldn't get it actually to work so far.
> email@example.com -- Speaking for myself only.