This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: AutoFDO profile toolchain is open-sourced
- From: Dehao Chen <dehao at google dot com>
- To: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Cc: Ilya Palachev <i dot palachev at samsung dot com>, Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, David Li <davidxl at google dot com>, Sebastian Pop <sebpop at gmail dot com>, Vyacheslav Barinov <v dot barinov at samsung dot com>
- Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 10:25:50 -0700
- Subject: Re: AutoFDO profile toolchain is open-sourced
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAO2gOZWydpiBXb=1QDyCRt-ybDieqy8X4S_+uRZk2Y2v+cFdYQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <5523ED98 dot 8080007 at samsung dot com> <CAFk3UF8To5Qcz8NN5rUF3z6j8CCg_89A+62P=1U9YrtbZ5=mLg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150410203927 dot GA18980 at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <552E1613 dot 2040405 at samsung dot com> <5536278E dot 3090706 at samsung dot com> <CAD_=9DQEqCqzyBKT8nZ1_uEt5gU589hSpLiOHUqLXKctJTaVHA at mail dot gmail dot com> <553653CA dot 9070009 at samsung dot com> <CAO2gOZXqxRAU5RTgXdgeamPpx3sNArCb=2ZJKDXTOoX6a-w3dw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150421155951 dot GB9659 at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
I'll get to it soon. When will stage1 close?
OTOH, the most important patch (insn-level discriminator support) is
not in yet. Cary has just retired. Do you know if anyone would be
interested in porting insn-level discriminator support to trunk?
On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 8:59 AM, Jan Hubicka <email@example.com> wrote:
>> You can use dump_gcov to show a text version of the profile dump and
>> check if the profile data makes sense. If your program is just a very
>> tight single loop, the current implementation in trunk may not yield
>> good results because it does not have discriminator support. Try the
>> google-4_9 branch instead.
> Can we possibly merge the remaining patches now when stage1 is open?
>> > --
>> > Best regards,
>> > Ilya Palachev