This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: AutoFDO profile toolchain is open-sourced
- From: Ilya Palachev <i dot palachev at samsung dot com>
- To: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, David Li <davidxl at google dot com>
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, Sebastian Pop <sebpop at gmail dot com>, Dehao Chen <dehao at google dot com>, Vyacheslav Barinov <v dot barinov at samsung dot com>, Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 13:33:50 +0300
- Subject: Re: AutoFDO profile toolchain is open-sourced
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAO2gOZWydpiBXb=1QDyCRt-ybDieqy8X4S_+uRZk2Y2v+cFdYQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <5523ED98 dot 8080007 at samsung dot com> <CAFk3UF8To5Qcz8NN5rUF3z6j8CCg_89A+62P=1U9YrtbZ5=mLg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150410203927 dot GA18980 at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <552E1613 dot 2040405 at samsung dot com>
On 15.04.2015 10:41, Ilya Palachev wrote:
Does anybody know with which options should the perf be executed so that
to collect appropriate data for the autofdo converter?
I obtain the same data for different programs, and it seems to be empty
One more question.
They have the same md5sum for different programs:
# Data for simple program with 30 lines of code:
$ md5sum ytest.gcov
# Data for program of 3D Delaunay triangulation construction of
$ md5sum experimentCGAL_convexHullDynamic.gcov
We tried to collect perf data using option --call-graph fp but it does
not help: the output gcov data is still the same.
Sometimes create_gcov reports the following error:
E0421 13:10:37.125629 8732 perf_parser.cc:209] Mapped 50% of samples,
expected at least 95%
But it does not mean that there are not enough samples collected in the
profile, because 99% of samples are mapped in the case of very simple
program (with 1 function).
I try to find working case for more than a week but did not suceeded.
Can anybody show me that create_gcov works at least for one case?