This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: try_merge_delay_insn with delay list > 1
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: BELBACHIR Selim <selim dot belbachir at fr dot thalesgroup dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 11:47:22 -0600
- Subject: Re: try_merge_delay_insn with delay list > 1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <9C88BF562A27AA41B242B2780441926E220C498E67 at THSONEA01CMS05P dot one dot grp> <aebc1095-3cfe-4d6f-b006-6ab47307fef7 at THSONEA01HUB02P dot one dot grp> <5531378A dot 6060506 at redhat dot com> <9C88BF562A27AA41B242B2780441926E220FC6CADD at THSONEA01CMS05P dot one dot grp>
On 04/20/2015 05:08 AM, BELBACHIR Selim wrote:
Even for small enhancements or bugfixes, we try to at least do some
basic testing. Unfortunately with no sparc or mips machines in the
compile farm, good testing of a reorg.c change is hard.
I've attached the fixed version of the patch. I've tested it on the trunk with my private target.
I can't provide a test because apparently no backend (other than my private one) uses delay slots with more that 1 slot.
I was also unable to test the behaviour of this patch for an hypothetic target providing delay lots with more that 1 slot AND the possibility to annul instruction in delay slots.
It seems to me that this patch is a small enhancement anyway.
I hope it's ok for trunk :)
I built mips-elf cross tools and used those to compile newlib for
mips-elf. Then I applied your patch, rebuilt the compiler and used that
to compile newlib again. Then I compared all the objects from the two
copies of newlib and verified the code we generated as identical. So
there's at least some degree of confidence we didn't mess anything up in
the single delay slot case.
I fixed a couple more minor formatting problems and installed your
change on the trunk.