Re: More methods of reducing the register pressure

On 19/04/15 01:11 PM, Jeff Law wrote:
On 04/19/2015 09:28 AM, Ajit Kumar Agarwal wrote:
Hello All:

To reduce the register pressure, I am proposing the following methods of reducing the registers.

1. Assigning same registers or sharing same register for the logical registers having the same value. To determine the logical registers having the same value is the real challenge. Is there is any way in
GCC to determine the logical registers having the same value?
I believe Vlad looked at this 10+ years ago and it was of marginal/no real benefit.

Right, Jeff. Results of using GVN for building conflict graph was described in article:

ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/misc/gcc/summit/2004/Fighting%20Register%20Pressure.pdf