Re: [RFC] Documenting support functions and data structures

On 16/04/15 06:12, Mikhail Maltsev wrote:
> So, I want to create a similar page in GCC's internal docs, but I don't
> know what should be included (i.e. did I miss something important, or
> did I include something obsolete), so I ask for some assistance.

The real challenge here is not generating the docs but keeping them in
step with the source code.  History tells us that this is almost never
done well.  It's better not to have docs than have wrong docs.

If you can find some way to ensure that the docs are always correct
(e.g. by structured comments in the source code) that will help.

Andrew.