This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Documenting support functions and data structures
- From: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- To: Mikhail Maltsev <maltsevm at gmail dot com>, gcc mailing list <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 09:04:07 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Documenting support functions and data structures
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <552F44B1 dot 3090001 at gmail dot com>
On 16/04/15 06:12, Mikhail Maltsev wrote:
> So, I want to create a similar page in GCC's internal docs, but I don't
> know what should be included (i.e. did I miss something important, or
> did I include something obsolete), so I ask for some assistance.
The real challenge here is not generating the docs but keeping them in
step with the source code. History tells us that this is almost never
done well. It's better not to have docs than have wrong docs.
If you can find some way to ensure that the docs are always correct
(e.g. by structured comments in the source code) that will help.