This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Trying to reduce generated 4.9.2 footprint
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Ricardo Telichevesky <ricardo at teli dot org>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 21:14:53 +0100
- Subject: Re: Trying to reduce generated 4.9.2 footprint
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <552AD127 dot 8010302 at teli dot org>
On 12 April 2015 at 21:10, Ricardo Telichevesky wrote:
> I don't
> need to debug the compiler or any of the libraries at all, but is there any
> danger in getting rid of the -g flags?
There's no danger, you just won't be able to debug anything.
Wouldn't it be easier to just run strip on the final binaries instead
of trying to alter the build process?
> Also, can I get rid of the
> /opt/gcc/share that seems to contain only docs?