This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: xtensa PR65730
- From: Max Filippov <jcmvbkbc at gmail dot com>
- To: "augustine dot sterling at gmail dot com" <augustine dot sterling at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Marc Gauthier <marc at cadence dot com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 21:37:54 +0300
- Subject: Re: xtensa PR65730
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMo8Bf+bnanaGtodsxENtrgfeSGPnHZKvf0r5D+QtnxdweWnyg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAGSvup-i403v_vJBqKqVN2oSJ_0CX7so-r28MZ1JtRQnssdUhA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 9:29 PM, firstname.lastname@example.org
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 6:31 AM, Max Filippov <email@example.com> wrote:
>> OTOH calling helper function to do multiplication by a constant 8 looks
>> rather stupid. I guess we're not going to have non-8-bit bytes on xtensa
>> anytime soon, maybe this multiplication can be replaced with shift?
> I think the optimizer will convert it after this point, so it
> shouldn't matter. I would need to verify that though.
It doesn't, I see the call in the final assembly code, even with various