This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Fwd: xtensa PR65730
- From: Max Filippov <jcmvbkbc at gmail dot com>
- To: Sterling Augustine <augustine dot sterling at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Marc Gauthier <marc at cadence dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 16:38:45 +0300
- Subject: Fwd: xtensa PR65730
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMo8Bf+bnanaGtodsxENtrgfeSGPnHZKvf0r5D+QtnxdweWnyg at mail dot gmail dot com>
I've got the following bug report:
The core in question doesn't have hardware multiplication, so when
ac->shift = expand_simple_binop (SImode, MULT, ac->shift,
NULL_RTX, 1, OPTAB_DIRECT);
it gets NULL, and using that NULL later results in segfault.
Changing OPTAB_DIRECT to OPTAB_LIB fixes it, I wonder if that fix
OTOH calling helper function to do multiplication by a constant 8 looks
rather stupid. I guess we're not going to have non-8-bit bytes on xtensa
anytime soon, maybe this multiplication can be replaced with shift?