This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: How to extract types of variables and its uid?
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Swati Rathi <swatirathi at cse dot iitb dot ac dot in>,Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>,"Uday P. Khedker" <uday at cse dot iitb dot ac dot in>
- Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 18:17:20 +0200
- Subject: Re: How to extract types of variables and its uid?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55264CFA dot 1000304 at cse dot iitb dot ac dot in> <CAFiYyc1P3CD1LCQ9rV-+dP+7_1CXWDDULvMtzjMdORHwzCzxiw at mail dot gmail dot com> <5526573C dot 5010808 at cse dot iitb dot ac dot in> <CAFiYyc2q2+Mw1EHL4MGtRKA4HCM=tZKhpBwg4Rh4KOy_hbsX1w at mail dot gmail dot com> <55268F52 dot 9000903 at cse dot iitb dot ac dot in> <CA+=Sn1=Ej9Wjdc=ro5uHgW4UNnoh-+-h5LkBZ0UkA8dZV6NGPw at mail dot gmail dot com> <55269684 dot 3090500 at cse dot iitb dot ac dot in>
On April 9, 2015 5:11:00 PM GMT+02:00, Swati Rathi <email@example.com> wrote:
>I have enabled the LTO infrastructure using -flto -flto-partition=none.
>In the LTO infrastructure, when I try to print the TYPE_UID for the
>types of variable var1 and var2, its different (as mentioned in my
Even there merging isn't guaranteed.
>On Thursday 09 April 2015 08:21 PM, Andrew Pinski wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 10:40 PM, Swati Rathi
>>> Even I am getting same uid's on small programs.
>>> I tried declaring variables across files also.
>>> But I am unable to replicate the problem on small programs.
>>> I am testing on SPEC CPU2006 benchmark suite, program - 453.povray
>>> Below is the information which is getting dumped using
>>> IStream has different uid's -> 5363, 5364, 11467 and 11521. In a
>>> uid is same.
>>> Can you suggest other experiments to identify the reason?
>> Yes UID are only the same compiling unit. If you want to do some
>> analysis with types across units you should be using LTO