This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: How to extract types of variables and its uid?
- From: Swati Rathi <swatirathi at cse dot iitb dot ac dot in>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Uday P. Khedker" <uday at cse dot iitb dot ac dot in>
- Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 20:41:00 +0530
- Subject: Re: How to extract types of variables and its uid?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55264CFA dot 1000304 at cse dot iitb dot ac dot in> <CAFiYyc1P3CD1LCQ9rV-+dP+7_1CXWDDULvMtzjMdORHwzCzxiw at mail dot gmail dot com> <5526573C dot 5010808 at cse dot iitb dot ac dot in> <CAFiYyc2q2+Mw1EHL4MGtRKA4HCM=tZKhpBwg4Rh4KOy_hbsX1w at mail dot gmail dot com> <55268F52 dot 9000903 at cse dot iitb dot ac dot in> <CA+=Sn1=Ej9Wjdc=ro5uHgW4UNnoh-+-h5LkBZ0UkA8dZV6NGPw at mail dot gmail dot com>
I have enabled the LTO infrastructure using -flto -flto-partition=none.
In the LTO infrastructure, when I try to print the TYPE_UID for the
types of variable var1 and var2, its different (as mentioned in my first
On Thursday 09 April 2015 08:21 PM, Andrew Pinski wrote:
On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 10:40 PM, Swati Rathi <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Even I am getting same uid's on small programs.
I tried declaring variables across files also.
But I am unable to replicate the problem on small programs.
I am testing on SPEC CPU2006 benchmark suite, program - 453.povray
Below is the information which is getting dumped using
IStream has different uid's -> 5363, 5364, 11467 and 11521. In a file the
uid is same.
Can you suggest other experiments to identify the reason?
Yes UID are only the same compiling unit. If you want to do some
analysis with types across units you should be using LTO