This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: How to extract types of variables and its uid?
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Swati Rathi <swatirathi at cse dot iitb dot ac dot in>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 12:00:10 +0200
- Subject: Re: How to extract types of variables and its uid?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55264CFA dot 1000304 at cse dot iitb dot ac dot in>
On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 11:57 AM, Swati Rathi <email@example.com> wrote:
> We want to store all the types associated with the class objects or pointer
> to a class in a program.
> Consider two variables var1 and var2 declared in different functions as
> class IStream *var1;
> class IStream *var2;
> We are extracting its type as below :
> tree type1 = TREE_TYPE (TREE_TYPE (var1));
> tree type2 = TREE_TYPE (TREE_TYPE (var2));
> TREE_CODE (type1) and TREE_CODE (type2) is RECORD_TYPE.
> We wish to record the type struct IStream.
> However, when we print TYPE_UID (type1) and TYPE_UID (type2), it is
> TYPE_UID = 4326, tree_type : struct IStream
> TYPE_UID = 7421, tree_type : struct IStream
> Using TYPE_UID (TYPE_MAIN_VARIANT (type1)) and TYPE_UID (TYPE_MAIN_VARIANT
> (type2)) also gives the same result.
> We wish to avoid duplicate entries of the same type.
> How to extract types and uid?
Doesn't it work with