Re: AutoFDO profile toolchain is open-sourced

Hi,

Here are some questions about AutoFDO.

On 08.05.2014 02:55, Dehao Chen wrote:
We have open-sourced AutoFDO profile toolchain in:

https://github.com/google/autofdo

For GCC developers, the most important tool is create_gcov, which
converts sampling based profile to GCC-readable profile. Please refer
to the readme file
(https://raw.githubusercontent.com/google/autofdo/master/README) for
more details.

In the mentioned README file it is said that " In order to collect this profile, you will need to have an Intel CPU that have last branch record (LBR) support." Is this information obsolete? Chrome Canary builds use AutoFDO for ARMv7l (https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=434587)

What about Aarch64 support? Is it supported?

To use the profile, one need to checkout
https://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/branches/google/gcc-4_8. We are working on
porting AutoFDO to trunk
(http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2014-05/msg00438.html).

For now AutoFDO was merged into gcc-5.0 (trunk) branch.
Is it possible to backport it to 4.9 branch? Can you estimate required efforts for that?

We have limited doc inside the open-sourced package, and we are
planning to add more content to the wiki page
(https://github.com/google/autofdo/wiki). Feel free to send me emails
or discuss on github if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Dehao

--
Best regards,