This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Question about Gimple FE
- From: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>, xue yinsong <xyshh94225 at hotmail dot com>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 11:19:57 -0500
- Subject: Re: Question about Gimple FE
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <BLU436-SMTP393D735E667D7744698A4D85080 at phx dot gbl> <CAFiYyc0ukmm0w+YPQ1QOV2Vw3euPmVZR2MLHsjc25XB9T0ds8w at mail dot gmail dot com> <BLU436-SMTP23617265C8657F936DF78CF85090 at phx dot gbl> <CAFiYyc3Ryj6mj9o-JeJwfBHfHavQDD-iA_8gW9taoUEehKLWdw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFiYyc2eje=Fx5DRRDOktqvv0=MDp8vK54AKvKuwWRbM4u5-DQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <BLU437-SMTP126C99D3E9C8BD08E2658385F10 at phx dot gbl> <551E9992 dot 7020608 at google dot com> <551EB105 dot 3030404 at redhat dot com>
On Fri, Apr 03, 2015 at 09:25:57AM -0600, Jeff Law wrote:
> On 04/03/2015 07:45 AM, Diego Novillo wrote:
> >Not quite. The output of the debug dumpers is not really meant to be fed
> >back to the compiler. They are debug dumps only. They do not contain
> >enough information for code generation or analysis.
> But that's something that could be fixed.
Please please please no. It already is annoying enough that many
times when you add something to a debug dump, testsuite tests all
over start failing. Let's keep the dump files to be just for