This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: FW: Question about Gimple FE
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>, xue yinsong <xyshh94225 at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2015 09:35:49 -0600
- Subject: Re: FW: Question about Gimple FE
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <BLU436-SMTP393D735E667D7744698A4D85080 at phx dot gbl> <CAFiYyc0ukmm0w+YPQ1QOV2Vw3euPmVZR2MLHsjc25XB9T0ds8w at mail dot gmail dot com> <BLU436-SMTP23617265C8657F936DF78CF85090 at phx dot gbl> <CAFiYyc3Ryj6mj9o-JeJwfBHfHavQDD-iA_8gW9taoUEehKLWdw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFiYyc2eje=Fx5DRRDOktqvv0=MDp8vK54AKvKuwWRbM4u5-DQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <BLU437-SMTP126C99D3E9C8BD08E2658385F10 at phx dot gbl> <551E9992 dot 7020608 at google dot com> <6B559995-4BD4-4EC3-B8B0-6261767B8740 at hotmail dot com> <BLU436-SMTP6095BDF79AC949FCD664E485F10 at phx dot gbl> <CAD_=9DR9pZ6TSA-73kzeEPo+=3-PsCUQhEynn=-vF=gOoQ0J8A at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 04/03/2015 09:30 AM, Diego Novillo wrote:
On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 11:10 AM, xue yinsong <email@example.com> wrote:
So itâs better not to try to read the exact dump format.
Could we use a similar but more complete syntax instead?
Absolutely. The initial attempt for gimple fe was to use a tuple-based
syntax that is very easy to parse. But that was only chosen because it
You first need to design a text representation for the IL that allows
conveying all the elements needed to instantiate the in-memory
representation of gimple.
Crazy idea, what about something that's modeled after LLVM's representation?