This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Question about Gimple FE
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: xue yinsong <xyshh94225 at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 11:40:31 +0200
- Subject: Re: Question about Gimple FE
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <BLU436-SMTP393D735E667D7744698A4D85080 at phx dot gbl> <CAFiYyc0ukmm0w+YPQ1QOV2Vw3euPmVZR2MLHsjc25XB9T0ds8w at mail dot gmail dot com> <BLU436-SMTP23617265C8657F936DF78CF85090 at phx dot gbl> <CAFiYyc3Ryj6mj9o-JeJwfBHfHavQDD-iA_8gW9taoUEehKLWdw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 11:36 AM, Richard Biener
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 4:00 PM, xue yinsong <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for your reply to my proposal.
>> AFAIS, most of the files generated by -fdump-tree-all are presented in C-like form instead
>> of in lisp-like tuple form.
>> So itâs better to implement a front end for the C-like gimple representations.
>> I want to make sure if I get the idea right.
>> Besides, Iâm uncertain about the following questions:
>> 1.I suppose the syntax of the original gimple file generated by -fdump-tree-gimple would cover
>> the syntax of those generated in later stages. Could some one tell me if thatâs correct?
> Well - in 004t.gimple there is still no CFG and we are not in SSA
> form, so syntax of 'gimple'
> would change slightly dependent on properties of the IL. GCC goes to
> various lowering stages
> (also for things like OpenMP, nested function and exception handling support).
Btw, I wouldn't necessarily try to parse exactly those dump format -
streamlining it for
easier parsing would be ok, especially for the basic-block markers.
There was a request
multiple times to make it easier to adjust a function cut&pasted from
a dump produced
by -fdump-tree to valid C (thus accepted by gcc). One annoying
road-block is how we
dump labels and goto destinations.
>> 2.On my computer, it seems both -fdump-tree-gimple and -fdump-tree-gimple-raw dump the code to <filename>.004t.gimple.
>> tf -fdump-tree-all is used, only the result of -fdump-tree-gimple will be presented.
>> Does gcc behave this way on purpose?
> I think so. -raw is a dump modifier while -all selects '-gimple' and
> all others.
>> Best regards,
>> Yinsong Xue